Job Title: Sophia’s House Program Coordinator
Job Description: The Center for Wisdom’s Women is a non-profit in Lewiston, ME focused on the empowerment of women. We are currently accepting applications for a Program Coordinator position for Sophia’s House, a new residential program opening in early 2020 to support women who are healing from trafficking, addiction, and incarceration.
We are searching for a motivated, creative, and compassionate individual to be responsible for the on-going program development and coordination of care for our residents. The position will begin as part time, but may increase to 40 hours with program growth. If you are invested in empowering women survivors, being part of a team, and giving back to your community, we urge you to apply.
The Program Coordinator will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate process of and schedule intake, orientation, and assessment for new residents
- Hold regular office hours and check in monthly with each resident to review her short- and long-term plan for recovery and review progress toward her goals
- Facilitate cooperative living meetings with program residents and resident mentors and oversee scheduling of community meals
- Monitor daily operations at Sophia’s House to ensure resident safety and property maintenance
- Network with community providers to schedule, facilitate, and support in-house and community-based support programming as outlined in the Resident Manual to enhance program residents’ stability and independence
- Coordinate communication among Sophia’s House and criminal justice representatives, case workers, partner agencies, consultants, and community members
- Serve on the Sophia’s House Steering Committee and communicate regularly with the Executive Director and Board of Directors regarding program administration, special events, crisis management, volunteer needs, and budget
- Assist in overseeing AmeriCorps VISTA member in her role as Sophia’s House Volunteer Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 3 years work experience (volunteer or paid) in social service/mental health field or equivalent lived life experience required
- References and background checks required
- MHRT/C certification preferred
- Previous experience working with vulnerable and diverse populations
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practices, substance use disorder recovery, and domestic violence support
- Efficient problem solving skills and crisis management in high-stress situations
- Flexibility in and commitment to starting a new project
- High level of motivation with ability to take initiative
- Ability to uphold clear, healthy boundaries
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong commitment to compassion and a good sense of humor
Application Procedure: Email completed application and resume to Klara Tammany at email@example.com
Compensation: Negotiable Start Date: Mid-Late summer or early fall.
Please NO phone inquiries!
AmeriCorps VISTA Opening
There is also a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA position open at the new Sophia’s House. This position will work closely with the new Program Coordinator. Click HERE for more information and to apply.
Details: The AmeriCorps VISTA member will support volunteers, program development, promotion/communication, grant research and writing, and planning and coordinating of fundraising efforts. Specifically, the AmeriCorps VISTA member will work to implement a program for Sophia’s House which will expand CWWs capacity to a 24/7 long-term, community based program, and recruit and train new needed volunteers for that purpose. The AmeriCorps VISTA member will also assist in raising support for this programming through outreach and grant writing.
Program Benefits : Education award upon successful completion of service, Stipend, Health Coverage, Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training, Relocation Allowance, Childcare assistance if eligible, Meals, client support svcs, gas cards.